Thursday, February 2, 2012

Girly dress no. 2


My lovely piece of Nani Iro japanese fabric has been sitting around in stash waiting for "the perfect dress pattern" to appear. So I got realistic and decided that it wasn't going to happen soon, and I'd rather wear and enjoy it in an OK form than not at all. So... I just used the trusty Simplicity 3835 AGAIN. Yes, I can't say I haven't had my money's worth with this pattern!



And as with the 1st "girly dress", I made a few modifications til it was right for me. It's easy to wear and great on a hot day. Looking at the photos taken last week though, it makes me shiver a little as our temperatures have plummetted and we have non-stop rain. Which makes for interesting child care conditions, as I'm sure you can appreciate. Still, at least we're not flooding as other areas are.



Please excuse the headless shots - the hair and makeup people hadn't been in that day ;-)

More creative goodness to see over here.

12 comments:

  1. Very beautiful!
    Wish you a great day
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is my favourite so far in this pattern.Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great Jo. Love the nano iro, so glad u stash busted it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great on you, I have some of this fabric but am going to make the Shearwater top with it, as it will get a lot more use in "not hot" UK than a summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comments girls.
    Nick - I think the fabric would be really lovely in the Shearwater pattern, it's so soft to wear & such a beautiful design. Now I'm thinking I'll have to try to get my ands on some more and make the Shearwater too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely! I went back and looked at the first one & it is beautiful too, but there's just something about this fabric that I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know... I LOVE that fabric!!! The dress looks gorgeous... Hope the weather warms up so you can wear it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute dress, love the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute - lovely fabric and fit - cracked up at the hair and make-up comment I'm going to copy that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress! Such a good idea to just go ahead and make it, instead of waiting for the perfect pattern. There'll always be another piece of fabric for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I like that shirring detail .. I'm going to steal this idea for my peasant top pattern to make it less boxy. Thanks! I do like that dress lots.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails