I made another version of the Deer & Doe's Belladone Robe a while ago but have just gotten around to taking some photos of it. It's definitely my most successful one yet, and has been worn several times already.
I used a printed linen that I found at Spotlight and made the same changes as last time: grading up a size at the waist and hips and moving the bust darts down a bit. This time I didn't pipe the edges and I put the binding on the inside so it wasn't visible as I thought there was enough personality already in the print.
The back detail is definitely my favourite in this dress.
But the pockets were fun too. I used a cute little mini pom pom trim between the top skirt piece and pocket lining, sandwiching it between the two. I'm pretty fond of this little trim and have also used it as trim on a cushion cover recently.
I'm hoping this dress will take me through a few seasons. So far I've worn it in hot weather with thongs and floppy hat...
Hat: Amy Butler Blue Sky pattern
Scarf: No sew jersey scarf - my tutorial here