Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Me Made May week 1
1. Tova 2. Colour blocked Briar 3. Wiksten tank & no-sew scarf 4. Cropped Briar, 2 piece t-shirt, no-sew scarf 5. self-drafted merino top, nani iro fabric scarf 6. self-drafted merino cowl neck top 7. Simplicity 3835 tunic & jersey infinity scarf
I'm through the first week of Me Made May 2013 and have observed a few things:
- It's quite confronting having to take a photo of myself each day! But I feel if I'm going to do the challenge then I should document it.
- Mostly I reach for something handmade each day regardless of the challenge. It was day 5 when I would not have chosen handmade without the prompt of the challenge.
- Some of my handmades are getting tatty (day 7's tunic) and I really should throw them out, but I think it's going to be harder to do than with RTW clothes!
- I'm not into dresses and skirts at the moment. I think it's the cooler weather and my lack of imagination. Hence all the boring jeans. To remedy this I shall strive to finish off the denim Belladone I've had on the go for weeks and also maybe make a Moss Mini Skirt - the pattern has been sitting in my stash for a while now.
- being a stay at home mum at the moment there's not a lot of need to dress up, which I miss, but I would equally feel silly wearing anything elaborate or restrictive while chasing around after kids. Or it could be that I'm just lazy ;-)
- From the pics it looks like all I sew are tops! I'm sure this is not the case? See the point above re skirts, and also maybe I should get that Thurlow pattern out, gather my courage up and give it a go.