Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Me Made May 2013

I first heard about 'Me Made May' last year around the time that my friend Deb suggested that I might like to take part (thanks Deb!), and this year I've decided I have enough handmade garments that I think I can just do it, and it might make me finally complete some of those unfinished projects lurking in the sewing pile... so I'm diving in.


me-made-may'13

For those unfamiliar with it, MMMay is a challenge whereby the sewer/sewist pledges to regularly wear their handmade garments for the month. The terms are decided by them. Here's my pledge:

I, Jo of bubala, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade clothing item each day for the duration of May 2013.

I'm not exactly sure how I will document what I wear yet, but am thinking I'll try to post a daily pic on my Instagram feed and then do a round-up here once a week-ish.

PS. You can see today's handmade over on the right there in the Instagram feed box - my black & Japanese print voile Tova. I'm feeling confident about the challenge today as I woke and dressed before remembering that it was May 1, and  already had handmade on without thinking about it, yay! Now lets see how I go in a few days time ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I like your Tova! I keep being tempted by that pattern, I think it looks cute as a dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy peasy for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails