Friday, July 9, 2010

(Almost) instant gratification


Last night I finished off this jacket for the big girl, whose wardrobe was sadly lacking an everyday warm, wash and wear jacket. As I mentioned earlier in the week, she'd chosen the fabrics and I had in mind a clear picture of what I wanted to make.

I based it on the pattern below and altered it to incorporate a full zip, bias binding and patch pockets. It was quite fun to make, with the exception of sewing on the bias binding which I always find a bit frustrating if it's not totally even. But on the 'instant gratification' scale it was pretty high - quick to make and a satisfying result.







In other news I received in the mail the Moo Mini Cards that I'd ordered. They are just what I wanted (to use as swing tags and little calling cards) and the service was excellent. I really couldn't fault them and would thoroughly recommend them. With all the bad customer service around these days, Moo was a pleasure to deal with.

Have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. that's a GREAT jacket Jo!! You are super clever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone! I'd forgotten how much fun it is making kids clothes :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails