Monday, November 22, 2010

A swap


A friend recently very generously offered me a huge roll of linen that she had leftover after making her bedroom curtains. Even though I couldn't immediately think of what to use it for I quickly said yes as it sounded very promising.

My friend had remarked on the Sophie Tunic I'd made for my big girl a few months ago, so as a thank you I thought I offered to make her daughter one. My friend had some fabric she thought would suit and she was right. The fine orange cotton with white embroidery made a lovely summery tunic. I lengthened the pattern's hem to a short dress length - after seeing my girl repeatedly walk around in only her tunic and underwear I thought this was the way to go!



And the linen is really lovely, quite fine and soft, with a lovely row of red stitching woven into the selvedge. Hopefully I can use the stitching as a design element on something one day.



Inspiration struck recently and I now have big ideas for the linen, but I can't tell you what they are yet as I'm hoping some Christmas presents might come out of it (and a recipient may see this...). Tell you later ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty tunic and yippie for a large roll of linen. Can't wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute tunic.. love the colour!!
    How excellent about he roll of linen... very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do like the tunic. I'll think about doing one of those for G girl. And I love linen for stitching

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails