Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thoughts on motherhood: holidays



Wow, I think I forget from one block of school holidays to the next just how draining they are! I am only increasing my daily kid tally by one, but all that lack of routine, 100% face-to-face time, not to mention sibling arguements and the usual tantrums, does take its toll.



One thing I have been trying to relax about is the kid entertainment issue. I used to feel bad that we don't tend to do fancy holiday courses and workshops or go away on exciting trips. But this week the kids have had so much fun doing normal stuff that I'm feeling good about it all... and remembering to have fun with them. Apparently it's a pretty good thing for mum to join you on the slide or sing and dance to Playschool with you!



We do have a few creative pursuits happening, hopefully I'll get time to blog about them soon. In the meantime, if you're in the midst of school holidays too, here's wishing you a fun and relaxing time... hopefully with some cupcakes ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a great holiday time.. It's so excellent that the sun is shining, so you guys can get out and about! Have fun :)

    ps. I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails