Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend craftiness - gift tags




Recently I bought a huge pile of cute blank white gift tags with the intention of decorating them to use as gift tags for Xmas and beyond.

So when the kids asked to paint on Sunday morning I brought out these and my watercolours.

It was so interesting to see what they came up with their first time with watercolours.

Some experimenting with blowing the paint around with water and really getting into the beauty of watercolour, I think...

Testing out what happens to the paint the more water you add...

And the little girl didn't really get the whole water idea but still loved it...

And came up with some interesting designs...
I love seeing what kids do when given freedom to create whatever they like. They're not so constrained by convention and I think it's a nice reminder to us grown-ups to loosen up and go with what feels right.
Now on to the wrapping paper ;-) ...
 

4 comments:

  1. They look so gorgeous! What a great idea... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea, they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These beautiful water coloury gift tage are featured at Craft Chronicles today. I especially like them as they are kid friendly. Thanks. I did watercolours for about a year and this makes me want to find my paints again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely...great idea i will use to blow the paint around

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails