Thursday, May 29, 2014

MMM findings: trousers needed!

Well, I had good intentions for posting here weekly on my Me Made May progress, but in the end it all seemed too hard and too time consuming (I blame Instagram for making me blog-lazy ;-) So if you're interested please have a look over to the right there at my instagram feed to see what I've been wearing.

The month is almost over now, and as with last year it's been fun (mostly!) and revealing too. My findings:

1. As the weather has been so pleasently warm aside from the first week, I've had plenty of wear from my light short sleeved tops. Next summer I must make some more, they're so easy and wearable.

2. May is a bad month for dress wearing for me. I guess it's just because the weather is too cool for summery dresses but not cold enough for thick tights (which I love). And I've also lost my enthusiasm for my knee high boots, though my Fly London ankle boots are getting loved to death at the moment ;-) On day 16 I loved wearing my Moss Mini with opaques, and my denim Simplicity 2226 got a look in on day 20, but apart from that the only other dress that got a look in was a self drafted dress worn for a night out on day 24. So...

3. More pants needed! I basically live in jeans most of the time. My lifestyle at this time in my life requires very casual clothes. I did wear my Tamanegi-kobo Black Spinel trousers several times (unblogged), but apart from that it was all RTW on the jeans front. I've resisted trying to sew jeans in the past but I'm coming around to the idea, especially after seeing other lovely versions around the blogs.

Top contenders on the pattern front are:



Named Jamie Jeans. They seem to have a cult following... must be a good pattern!



Burdastyle Floral skinny jeans (but not in floral), I've also seen some lovely versions of these around (though can't say I'd be thrilled to tackle another pattern without seam allowances again in the near future. Grrr)


Burdastyle Anita jeans. Nice. And look, seam allowances INCLUDED!



and I also like the Named Alpi Chinos for their classic styling

Any recommendations welcome!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat with jeans. Always thought they were a waste of time to sew, but I'm beginning to change my mind. If I buy some, I still need to make adjustments to them anyway, so I might as well sew them from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on the search for pants patterns too. Seems like I might have passed you looking at the Jamie Jeans and Burda jeans! Not sure I have the courage to attempt them though, the topstitching would be the bit I struggled with!
    Would love a plain pair of pants, narrow legs, maybe back flap pockets and good side pockets. Some comfy slacks! Give me a yell when you find that pattern please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Jamie jeans (though haven't made them). I have made the Tessuti Chloe pants and liked that pattern, though it has no pockets which drives me mental, so I will be adding pockets next time! I hope you make the Named Jamie Jeans so you can tell us if they are any good before we try :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails