Monday, March 5, 2012

A weekend with my big girl

I don't want to jinx myself, but somehow my computer problem has seemed to just right itself!? Strange beasts, these things that delight and enslave us... maybe it didn't hate me after all, just needed a break ;-) I'm keeping my fingers crossed/

The weekend before last the Mr took the two littlies away for 2 nights and I got the big girl all to myself. It was amazing to focus on her without having everyone else to consider, not to mention physically look after, break up squabbles, deal with jealousy etc.

During the weekend I had a flashback to the days when I was pregnant with her and thought that having just one precious child would be a lovely thing (before this I wasn't sure I wanted any at all). Then somehow as time went on and we got used to being a family it turned into wanting 3 and here we are today. I wouldn't have it any other way of course, but things would certainly be different if I'd stuck to the plan!



On our weekend together we:

• Went to the visiting Picasso exhibition. She squeeled with delight when I suggested this. Oh please, can I keep her this way when she's a teenager?!

• At her suggestion, had yum cha at the lovely vegan restaurant Bodhi where we could both eat anything offered - a rare thing considering she's allergic to eggs and I'm vegetarian. A highlight for me: tom yum noodles, and for her: passionfruit agar jelly. Yum!

• Took her 2 best buddies to a local organic market. They ate dumplings, bought Guatemalan worry dolls and had pony rides. I bought smoked spiced salt and chose a present for her dad (the Mr). Dads need treats too, after all ;-) We loved the locally designed and screen printed "Ned Kelly" tshirt.

• Ate our favourite pasta dish on the sofa in front of a movie she'd been wanting to see

• Used her Christmas Smiggle voucher on some cute new stationery for a bit of afternoon craft

and generally spent lots of time holding hands and chatting. And when she slept, I stitched of course :-).

It was just a lovely lovely time together that I'm extremely grateful for.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like heaven Jo. Certainly a weekend to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww... how wonderful... such precious times together! Sounds like you guys had such a great time! Bodhi sounds like a place I would love to go to... YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wafu Works
    Vintage Japanese Textiles
    Crafts--Retail & Supplies - Kingston Beach, TAS
    18 Beach Rd, Kingston Beach TAS 7050, Australia
    (03) 6229 1420
    www.wafuworks.com.au
    wafu@our.net.au

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails