Friday, October 12, 2012

KCWC progress: halter top

For those of you in the northern hemisphere these pics of my big girl might make you shiver, but here in Aus we are heading for a hot summer, so I'm getting us prepared (well, that's my excuse!).

My big girl loves halter neck tops and dresses, so when I was coming up with ideas for KCWC making one was on the list.

I based the shape on Oliver & S' free ruffle halter pattern. Do you know it? I made one of these lovely tops for each of my girls early on in my blogging days (here) and they still love them. It's a really great pattern.

This was a test run before I use a more substantial fabric. And I'm glad I did the test run as there are a few things I'll change for the dress version. I tried out a circular pocket on this one to add some interest, something I'd been wanting to try for a while.

Well, I've got some shorts on the go for KCWC and something little in mind. Hopefully I'll get them done and not run out of steam before hand!

I'm playing along with my creative space again this week (belatedly!). Head on over here for more creative goodness.



4 comments:

  1. darling! love the circle pocket - I just sewed up a hoodie dress for my daughter with the same pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute little top on your big girl... love the circle pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and cool! I think my miss 5 would like that one. I just found the O&S ruffle top recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my big girl would love this top! So sweet with the circle pocket addition. Thanks for the pattern link.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails