Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 favourite things

Happy new year everyone! Though I've not been blogging a lot (where have you gone, blogging mojo??) I've certainly been making a lot of things. But before I go on to those here are some pics of my favourite projects from the year gone by.
2012_comp_2
At first I wasn't going to do a review again this year. Last year's took ages to prepare. And I wasn't sure that there was that much to show. But I thought I'd just pick out one or two projects - notably my Minoru jacket - surely my favourite project. And then once I got going I couldn't help but add more...
2012_comp_3
and more...
 2012_comp_1
So I guess the nice thing about this practice is that it makes me realise that I did achieve a lot. And a lot of these things we use and enjoy on a daily basis - and that actually feels really good!!

I recently read an article where the writer had noted that early each year she makes a list of what she'd like to achieve this year (not resolutions) to keep her focussed. She also recorded what she'd achieved in the past year almost as a little pat on the back to encourage her. I like her idea of starting year on a positive note!

5 comments:

  1. It's really good to do a review of the year and give oneself a little pat on the back! Love what you have made this year... gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Jo

    About time I left a comment on your blog. I look at it often, but am a bit slack on the feedback, which is hopeless considering I know how much I love getting comments on my blog.
    Anyway - just wanted to say well done on your year of creativity. I am only working 2 days a week for the next term, my previous full time teaching position nearly killed me (literally! Thought I needed to go to hospital at one stage my lurgy was that bad!). I am seriously contemplating attempting crochet. Deb posted a picture of a cute little pillow puppy and provided it's not too tricky for a total beginner I think I'll give it a go.
    Will post a piccie on the blog if it ever eventuates! Don't hold your breath though.
    Cheers

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness! So great! I love the most - the silver bag, denim skirt and aztec dress. You are so clever Jo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your output Jo :) So many great projects.
    All the best for 2013, can't wait to see what it brings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you too! It's so great to see a review of all the things you did last year - hope to see a lot more this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails