Thursday, November 3, 2011

Simple pleasures

Hi! We're back from our time away and I'm feeling ready for the run up to Christmas and all that that entails (deep breath).

While we were away we saw lots of whales swimming in the sea, which was definitely a highlight, and all from my mum's back windows! The kids were constantly squealing "whale!! whale!!" and it was amazing to just look for a few seconds at almost any time and see a whale or two or three playing. Unfortunately I don't have any photos (no zoom lense), but here are a few of my favourite other shots:

Nature as inspiration for the printed fabric swap:





Though the weather was a bit rainy, there was plenty of gazing into rockpools and trawling beaches for shells and treasures...




And as usual there was plenty of time spent in my mum's garden...




Plus there were some sooky-la-la moments of course (hopefully she won't hate me later for posting this, I like the shot ;-)...



and plenty of posing. Gotta love a boy who happily wears mama's creations!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great time! Beautiful photos.. especially the sooky la la one... precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. The sooky la la one is definitely my favorite though - why would that embarrass her later? I have way worse photos than that of my baby boy on my blog!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails