Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sewing with 'help'


It seems as if I've been sewing like mad for the craft stall at the school fete this coming Saturday, but when I look at my pile of things to donate it's not that big!!

This is due in part, I think, to:
A. my habit of daydreaming whilst sewing
B. too much blog surfing in between sewing - you people are too interesting and therefore distracting!
and
C. very limited kid-free time...



Which brings me to the art of squeezing in a bit of craft/sewing/anything whilst keeping an eye on the kids. You know how it goes... "stop fighting!", "turn the TV off!", "you've just had a snack!", "leave the cat's tail alone!" etc etc. Until a little person comes up and wants to help and everything comes to a grinding halt...



We ended up making these felt heart mobile things together, which I'd been wanting to try for a while anyway. The boy decided they'd make a good scarf. They do look pretty, but that pile of donations for the fete hasn't grown too much in a week :-)



- - - -

In other news, the kids' grass heads have sprouted. Phew! My reputation is restored :-)

2 comments:

  1. Aww, too cute! The hearts are really nice and don't sweat the how much... you are still adding to the craft stall and that's all that matters, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha... too true... there is just not enough time in the day to squeeze in the crafty things!!!
    Very cute little scarf on a very cute little boy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails