Monday, November 29, 2010

Flower love


I don't think of myself as a particularly patriotic Australian, but then I think about how much I love our wildlife, our landscapes, our scenery, and especially our lovely flowers... and I guess I kinda am.



Not traditionally thought of as 'pretty' as English Cottage garden flowers are, ours tend to be unusual, striking and sometimes quite odd looking. I have raved about them previously, so will restrain myself this time :-) But I did want to show you these Grevilleas, glorious in their shape and colours, which range from the delicate soft pale yellow through to blushing pink and bold bright red.



And all are found on our walk to school. Ahh.



PS. I'm solo parenting this week so might be quite quiet on the crafting & blogging front. No speed sewing for me this week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow they are pretty amazing... LOVE the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love grevilleas too, especially the beautiful birds they attract!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails