Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birthday girl dress - Simplicity 2909

My big girl turned 6 last week and I made this dress for her as a present from Simplicity 2909.



I am always amazed at how different patterns can look in different fabrics. For instance, I wouldn't look twice at the pattern cover, pictured below, put off by the fabric and colour scheme:



But seen in this post in a review of the pattern on the Tessuti blog looks lovely.



And different again in the denim, which I'd used in an attempt to downplay the girlyness, seeing as she seems to be going away from girly and on to tomboy. I am pleased with how it sits, as I thought the denim may be too stiff to work. And it looks good with a long sleeved t-shirt and tights underneath. So I would recommend it if you're after a cute dress.

Shame about the posing but hey, whatever goes on your birthday! (more birthday sewing pics to come)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your 'big girl', hope she had a wonderful time,,..and the dress looks super! Was there pumpkin bday cake??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah! Happy birthday M! The dress looks great Jo. Much better than what simplicity showed it as!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet dress! I like the fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails