Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where there's a will...

... there's a way... just. Squeezed into a toddler nap gap today was a bit of stamping.



So many times in the past I have intended to send thank you cards to our friends for gifts they're given the kids, but haven't gotten around to it. The issue tends to sit in my mind nagging me until it's so late that I finally admit it's pointless, that I've missed the boat. In fact, if I'd spent all those little bits of time actually doing them, they'd be done... arghh! Know what I mean?



The other thing that sometimes holds me up is trying to work out the perfect design. So this time, with a self-imposed deadline of one week after the party, I've gone with the 'just get it done' route and done the first thing I thought of: stamped card with ball motif (to suit the ball-mad birthday boy).



I carved a ball, then a bouncing dotted line, cut out the cards, printed them, wrote individual messages, stamped the envelopes, sealed them and then heard... "mama!". Phew, just made it to the end of nap time.

It sure feels good to have this little task done. Now to deliver them and not let them languish in my bag for the next week!!

Creativity spaces aplenty here.

6 comments:

  1. I just love your ball stamp design and that it bounces... SO cute! Nothing like a "wake up" deadline to get you going and get things done ha ha ha! Certainly gets me going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that is pretty! Like your stamp AND the dotted line:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamp! Not to mention awesome use of sleep time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know all about thinking and not doing. I love those notes and they are a good reminder to set myself some deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you! I always have the best of 'thank you' intentions, but fail as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love them - my little one is cutting out his day time sleep and I miss my uninterupted crafting times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails