Thursday, June 23, 2011

My creative space: dyeing


I have blue fingers again today - only slightly from the cold, mostly from the dye that I have been playing around with again today.



I've been getting hugely inspired by all the blog posts on dyeing I've seen lately. I came across the Make Something blog recently. Have you seen it? Karyn sews the most amazing things (check out her '13 dressses' - I want one of each!). She writes about natural dyeing and 'Shibori'. Inspiring stuff. Karyn also owns and runs a sewing shop where she teaches sewing (and sells sewing related stuff I think) and hires out sewing machines by the hour - how cool is that!! I just want to be Karyn ;-)

OK, off to be me... see you tomorrow for my blogiversary giveaway!! Yay, I've finally got it together (well, almost).


* I'll explain more later about the dresses I'm dyeing and my plans for them - lots of experiments going on.

More creative spaces to be seen here.

4 comments:

  1. This all looks very intriguing??? Looking forward to seeing the results! I love getting dye and paint all over my hands... reminds me what I have been up to :) What great little blog "make something" is... I will checking it out regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a school house tunic I spy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed - good spotting Deb ;-)
    It was a rocky journey but I think I'm almost happy with it now, I'll spill the beans soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing! Can't wait to see what you have been doing with the schoolhouse tunic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails