Monday, June 20, 2011

Falling off the wagon

Oh dear. It's a mere 4 weeks since I posted about stash-busting and yesterday I fell off the wagon by purchasing some fabric. I didn't go out to buy fabric, I wasn't even in a fabric shop, but somehow I found some and couldn't say no. Does anyone know if there's a fabric equivalent to AA? Coz if there is, I need it!!



From the moment my friend and I walked into the Corban & Blair sale yesterday and I saw this gorgeous piece of animal print fabric, I knew it was coming home with me. No questions, no justifications, I was just not putting it down. Tragic.

$5, 2 x 2 metres, great print, good quality fabric. It's too late to start trying to justify my fall from grace. It's done, washed and ideas are forming in my head as to what I can make with it. Definitely a kids messenger bag or two.



I also got a lovely birdy brooch to add to my little collection ($2).



And this great roll of numerous sheets of printed paper (another $2).

Oh well, I'm human. I'm going to try to make it up to myself by using the fabric quite quickly (mm hmm) and also making a doona cover for the girls' bedroom out of the stash - that should reduce the bulk a bit ;-) And next time I'm tempted I'll try to stop myself!

- - - - - - - -

By the way, I've hatched an idea for a giveaway to celebrate my recent blogiversary, I just need to get the pics together. I'm hoping to do a post on it tomorrow or Wednesday - hope you are going to like it.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabric, I could not have left it behind either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric and lovely paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you... I wouldn't have been able to go past that fabric either... very cute!
    What bargins you got!! Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear, me too. I used to hate having stash - so many projects cluttering my sewing room and my mind, and now I don't mind it too much because I HIDE it. That is the secret. If you store it away under your bed it's like you don't have it and then when you do buy new fabric you can use it without feeling overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and was browsing ... I love the bag and the dress you made from this fabric! I think you quite redeemed yourself, don't you?

    But don't listen to me, I am a terrible enabler. I'm like one of those friends who says, "but you're such a FUN drunk!" :-)

    I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails